Where Does Your Stuff Go?
After each In-Home Abundance Session, I take everything you are letting go of with me and responsibly donate, recycle or compost as much of it as I can! Living your best, most Abundant life means letting go of anything and everything that represents Lack - and with that could come a lot of waste.
Because Stewardship is also a part of living an Abundant life, I do as much as I can to divert as much as possible from the landfill. Below is a list of the different organizations I support to make sure your "trash" becomes someone else's treasure and that we steward the planet in the process!
- School // Office Supplies & Prizes to Classroom Central
- Books, Home Decor & Furniture to Habitat For Humanity
- Clothing, Shoes, Unopened Toiletry Items & Home Goods to Crisis Assistance
- Fine Art Supplies to C3 Lab Maker's Space
- Craft Supplies to Crowned Sparrow Co.
- Misc. Items to Salvation Army or Goodwill
*This represents the majority of where I take Donations. If I have something that isn't a fit with one of these organizations, I'll do some research to find it a good home. I'll also donate certain items to a specific organization per each client's request. For example, I've taken Art & Design books to the Art Institute as opposed to taking them to Habitat for Humanity.
*I will also send you your tax deductible receipts after I drop-off your donations.
- Curbside & Drop-Off Recycling with Mecklenburg County
- CD & DVD Mail-In Recycling with CD Recycling Center of America
- Plastic Bags & Film Recycling with Plastic Film Recycling at Harris Teeter
- Electronics with Best Buy
- Partially Used & Empty Make-up // Toiletry Items with Origin
- Hardcover Books with Better World Books
- Fabric Scraps with Crisis Assistance or Goodwill [Turned into Insulation]
*This represents the majority of where I take Recycling. If it doesn't fall into these categories, I research where I can take it and if it's something that ultimately can't be recycled - it unfortunately ends up in the trash.
So far, there hasn't been a great need for composting, so I take what little there is and compost it myself in my own compost bin at home. Should there be a need larger than what my bin can contain, I'll reach out to Crown Town Compost.
Stewarding this planet is an honor I don't take lightly...
That's why I donate 10% of everything that comes in [off the top] to 1% For The Planet, an organization dedicated to responsibly dispersing funds to the organizations already doing the most good for our environment, animals & planet.
If you'd like, you can choose to donate and add to our overall 10% - Every little bit helps and I thank you for your support in making this world a better place!